Safety First, disconnect your washing machine from the power supply and turn off water supply before performing this procedure.
- Unplug the machine, turn off the water supply and disconnect the inlet hoses.
- Next, remove the top panel to gain access to the valves.
- Disconnect the electrical connections to a valve by gripping the terminals, not the wires, with a pair of long-nosed pliers. Then ease them apart.
- Remove the screws securing the valve to the back of the machine. Don't try to pull the hose to the detergent tray off the valve outlet - a ridge on the end of the outlet resists force. Instead, use a flat-bladed screwdriver to lever the hose off.
- Fit the new valve in the reverse order.