A code on your Hoover washing machine reading E18, an LED blinking eighteen times between pauses then repeating, what does it all mean? Your washing machine has sadly developed a fault, but on the positive side it has identified the cause of the problem. Error code E18 means there’s an issue with the control board in your appliance.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E18
To fix the problem and get back to tackling your growing laundry load again you’ll need to:
- Switch off and unplug the appliance.
- Check the connections and wiring to the control board.
- Replace the control board if necessary.
Replacing a washing machine control board is a more advanced fix so it may not be suited to you if you’ve never repaired your appliance before. Replacement control boards can also be pricey.
If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.
However if you’re feeling up to the challenge of replacing your control board we salute you and Hoover control boards are available here.