If your Hoover washing machine is faulty and you’re not sure what to do, the first place to check is the control panel. If you can either see E03 displayed or an LED is continuously flashing three times before pausing, then repeating, your machine is displaying an error code. This E03 error code means that your washing machine has encountered a draining problem.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E03
There are a couple of problems that could stop your Hoover washing machine from draining properly. Here’s what to do to check it:
- Switch off and unplug your washing machine.
- Remove the drain filter and rinse it to clean it. (Put down a towel first as water may run out!)
- Check the drain pump and remove any blockages.
- Check that the drain hose is clear of obstructions.
- Check the wiring to the drain pump.
- Check there is no blockage in the drain pipe.
If you’ve just installed your machine it’s also worth checking that there is no cap on the drain pipe under your sink. Sinks with no washing machine installed will have a cap in place instead to stop water leaking out. Make sure this cap is removed before connecting the washing machine and kept in a safe place (e.g. Sellotaped to the pipe) or your washing machine won’t be able to drain.
If you’ve removed a blockage from the drain pump and the error still shows when you turn your machine back on you may need to replace the pump as it could have burnt out due to the obstruction. Otherwise after taking the above steps the error should have been cleared.
Not sure where to start? If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.