If you have sensed that all is not well with your Hoover washing machine, take a look at the control panel. If you see either E01 displayed or an LED light repeatedly flashes once between pauses, your machine has identified the problem: error code E01. This error code usually relates to problems with the door lock. (In some models error code E07 can also indicate a door lock issue.)
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E01
To cure the E01 door lock fault take the following steps:
- Switch off and unplug your machine.
- Check the door lock itself. (Sometimes the plug on the lock can melt.)
- Check the wiring to the door lock.
- Check the wiring to the control board from the door look.
Replace the door lock or reattach any loose wires as necessary and when you switch your machine back on the E01 error code should be cleared.
In some models this particular code can also mean the drum’s braking device is defective, so check this component and its wiring if the error code still hasn’t been cleared when you restart your machine.
Not sure where to start? If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.