Sometimes, sadly your Hoover washer dryer will let you down. But on the plus side, if it is displaying E12 on the control panel, or an LED is flashing twelve times, pausing, then repeating, it’s easier to work out what’s wrong. These symptoms mean your machine has self diagnosed error code E12 which means there is a problem with the communication between the control board and the dryer heater sensor.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E12 on a Hoover Washer Dryer
Now that you have a general idea of the cause of the E12 error code you can roll up your sleeves and solve the problem. Here’s what you should do:
- Switch off and unplug your appliance.
- Check the wires and connections between the control board and the dryer heater sensor.
- If the wiring and connections all seem okay, suspect the control board.
Control boards can be costly and if you’ve never fixed your appliance yourself before can seem complicated to replace. If you don’t feel confident carrying out the fix yourself you may wish to enlist the help of a professional engineer instead.
If so, we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.
Alternatively, if you’re up to the challenge of replacing the board yourself, Hoover control boards are available here.