Error codes are a very handy way of helping you diagnose your Hoover washing machine when it develops a fault. Seeing E10 or ten repeated flashes of the LED on your display panel between pauses means your machine has identified a specific problem. Error code E10 relates to a fault either with the timer (on older models) or with the drum sensor that ensures the drum is in the correct position.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E10
To establish the exact cause of the E10 fault code you’ll need to do a little investigating:
- Switch off and unplug the washing machine.
- Check the drum sensor.
- Check the wiring and connections to the drum sensor.
- Check the timer and the wiring and connections to it (if applicable)
Any loose connections will need securing; any faulty wiring will need fixing and any broken part will need replacing. Once you have sorted the problem the error code should be gone when you switch your machine back on.
Not sure where to start? If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.